Sunday, December 14, 2008

Much better week!

Thank goodness this week was better than the past 3 weeks have been!
I've been getting plenty of rest and yet, I've been feeling well enough to get some much needed cleaning done and to get out of the house for a while.

I got our Christmas cards done, we mailed sixty this year. One thing about traveling the country is you make a lot of friends that you want to keep in touch with.

Wednesday we went to Hildago to see the festival of lights. They have a beautiful Christmas light display that they add to each year, starting 17 years ago. It's the largest display of Christmas Lights in South Texas!


We rode the horse and buggy driven by Jack and Jill, two very handsome yet fragrant horses. We learned quite a bit about Hildago history from our tour guide.



If you have the chance to go it really is worth the trip.

Thursday we went to dinner with Mr. and Mrs. Kuran, a lovely couple that we knew from the campground in Kansas. They live in La Feria in an over 55 community and we had potluck at their clubhouse. The food was terrific and their friends made us feel so welcome.

They told us they were going to Mexico the next day to pick up some prescriptions and when we find out how cheap we could get some of our prescriptions we asked if Phil could tag along and of course they said yes. Mrs. Kuran was a nurse before she retired so we felt really good about letting her be our guide. Phil went down with them Friday morning, I stayed home and cleaned. I'm not quite ready to go back to Mexico yet.

He said he saved us about 365 dollars on some of his prescriptions and he didn't even pick up mine because we had just had mine refilled here.

After he got home he took me to Olive Garden for dinner and that was so good. I needed a nice relaxing dinner.

Saturday morning we went to a pancake breakfast up at the clubhouse, that is always fun.
And we went shopping, I bought my candy making supplies, it's almost that time to start making my Christmas candy tins.

Reading this week:
I'm still reading Faye Kellerman, her series on the detective that converts to Judaism.
I never knew how dedicated Torah Jews are, the amount of time they spend praying and learning puts me to shame. I read 5 of her books this week.

Movies:
Watched the Dark Knight. I wasn't expecting much from this picture. I was pleasantly surprised.
I had previously thought that all the hoopla over Heath Ledger playing the Joker was due to his untimely death, boy was I ever wrong. His portrayal was brilliant.

And the story itself was spellbinding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me some!