Saturday, March 28, 2009

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

A week of tiny defeats and triumphs.

Sunday night we made homemade pizza and Greg, Barb and Buddy came over for dinner.  I love Buddy.  He is just a cool dog.

Monday Phil went and took his Class A driver’s test.  He passed!  I sat outside with the animals while he was driving our home all over the place, parallel parking and such.  He brought the house home and we thought all was well until he tried to operate the jacks and they wouldn’t retract or extend, which means we couldn’t set the house back up.  Luckily Jack and Larry came to our rescue and discovered we had a burned fuse holder and replaced it for us.  I finally got my house back in order.

One of my new favorite songs this week.

Sweet about me by Gabriella Cilmi

Tuesday we cleaned the coach house. We went through crates and prioritized what we can leave here and what has to go with us. Having the coach house is going to be a real blessing for us.

Wednesday we had computer class. Phil was stuck waiting for the Dish Network guy to show up so I was all alone.  Fortunately the class was on Facebook, and since no one showed up with any pc problems it was ok that I was solo.  I got everyone set up with their account and taught them how to add pictures and friends.  Watch out world!

Thursday we spent much of the day at the pool.  It was hot, hot, hot.  It got up to 101° in McAllen!

poolday

Friday we had Margaritas and Mexican night up at the clubhouse.  Phil and I don’t care for either of those, but we went to socialize because it was scheduled to be the last big get together of the season.

I did have a mudslide.  Oh, those are dangerous!

margarita night

Saturday we went and applied for our passports.  We got the Passport book and the card.  I’ll feel a bit safer traveling to Mexico now.

Another favorite song for this week.

Websites this week: http://www.fark.com/

The best thing about this site is the comments.

 

http://www.paperbackswap.com/

This is a great site for swapping books.  I have swapped 159 books since I joined in 2005.  All you pay is shipping, which is usually just a couple of dollars.

Books this week: Still reading Lillian Braun

Movies: Other Boleyn Girl

I loved this movie.  I’ve always been fascinated with this period of history and the Royal families.  I’ve read several books on Anne Boleyn and Mary, Queen of Scots and Queen Elizabeth.  This movie brought the characters to life.

Transiberian: This movie starred Ben Kingsley, whom I adore, and Woody Harrelson.

Eduardo Noriega was so sexy!

This was a thriller with Hitchcockian elements, use of the train, people not being what they first appear and a lot of suspense.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me some!