Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Cookies,Cookies, Cookies!

caramelcookies1

 

Yesterday Phil had a bad, bad day. I won't go into detail but it was bad enough that it has made him decide to rethink his career path and what he wants to do with it. So being my mama's child, my solution was to spend the day with him today and bake 8 dozen caramel cookies.

 

caramel cookies

Is there anything better than a soft, warm cookie right out of the oven?
Here is the recipe.


Caramel Cookies

2 cups shortening

1cup brown sugar

2 cups sugar

2 tsp salt

4 eggs beaten

4 tsp vanilla

6 1/4 cup flour

1 tsp baking soda

Cream together shortening and sugars.Add eggs and vanilla continue to beat. Sift dry ingredients together and add to mixture gradually while continuing to beat. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 375 for 10-12 minutes.

You need a cookie press to do these cookies justice. I use a Pampered Chef one, it has held up better than any of the others I have had over the years.

 

Anyway, all I can do is pray that God will guide him in the direction he needs to go. And give him another cookie and a hug.

2 comments:

  1. I have a Pampered Chef Cookie press too. They are GREAT!

    Love those cookies! They look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I know those cookies would certainly have made me feel better. Hope they did the trick :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me some!