Sunday, March 7, 2010

“When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure” Peter Marshall

Phil and I both are dealing with some challenging situations right now.  Phil’s has to do with the new job, while mine has to do with some physical issues I’m dealing with and waiting to go to a doctor until we finally get settled somewhere.  We also found that the campground we were hoping to stay in is already full up with workers so we are now looking for a place to stay.  So, I’ve been doing a lot of reading on coping with adversity this week.

Wednesday we left to go to Uniontown for a pre-job meeting that Phil had to attend. We spent the night in New Stanton because there were no hotels that would take Ms. Chloe.  We had dinner with Alicia and Wes at Vincent's, our favorite pizza shop.

Alicia and Wes

The pizza is so good!

Thursday I dropped Phil off at the Holiday Inn for his meeting and I went sightseeing.  That part of Pennsylvania is beautiful, especially driving through the Laurel Highlands, even in winter.  I stopped at Ohiopyle State Park to take pictures of the waterfalls.  It was 24 degrees and the ground was snow covered, but to my surprise I wasn’t the only person there looking for a photo op.  These three guys were also there with their cameras and tripods.

 

The snow was up to my knees but I stood it long enough to take a few shots.

 

 

 

After Phil’s meeting we met his mom for dinner, then made the 3 1/2 hour drive back to Harrisburg.

We have met this really nice couple here in the campground,  Jeff and Cindy.  They are both ex-military and have a great sense of humor, which always attracts me to someone.  We met them initially because Jeff is interested in maybe buying a big truck to pull their Mobile Suites, and he wanted to talk to Phil about his experiences driving our Kenworth T2000.

Cindy came by later that week and asked if I wanted to go for a walk so we did.  I kicked myself for not bringing my camera along, because there were quite a few birds out. Yesterday, when we went  for a walk again, I made sure I took my camera.  It was windy and cold, so the birds were hunkered down, but I did get to see my first Downy Woodpecker and got a shot.

 

Look at her fat little belly.  I say she because she doesn’t have red on her head, which the males do.

 

A house sparrow

 

We saw some others birds but I couldn’t get a picture of them.  I have no idea what they were.

I thought these trees looked pretty against the cold, blue winter sky.

 

I also fell in love with this old school bus.  I played around with the photo in Lightroom.

The original

Lightroom

old school bus lr 

I can get so lost in playing in Photoshop and Lightroom that hours can go by with me unaware of anything else that’s going on.

Last night we went to dinner with Cindy and Jeff, then today we all went to the AACA Antique Car Museum together.  We rode in the KW so they could get a feel of what it is like.  I think they enjoyed it.

The first thing we saw was the Hershey Kissmobile.  Looks delicious, doesn’t it?

Inside there were many exhibits to see.

Hershey Car MuseumlR

So another week has passed and another month gone.

This coming week should be exciting,  I am going to Boston with Phil for another training session.

I’ve never been to New York, Connecticut, or Massachusetts, so I’m looking forward to it.

So I leave you with this:

image

1 comment:

  1. Kathy, great pictures and comments. Jeff really likes your camera; of course it the operator that captures the beautiful moment. I admire and have enjoy your artistry. Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me some!