Sunday, April 4, 2010

On Easter Day the veil between time and eternity thins to gossamer. ~Douglas Horton

I love Easter.  For me, Easter symbolizes rebirth and hope in all things.

Daffodials

I made hot cross buns for Good Friday.  It’s the first time I made these but they turned out pretty well.

 

Gave MS Chloe a bath

The boys enjoying the view

Taking over daddy’s chair

I love this old abandoned truck

Old Truck 

Spring is here!

 

Our neighbors cat, Patches.  It’s very friendly and very vocal.

 

Our other neighbor’s dog Coot

We went to church this morning at Asbury United Methodist Church in Uniontown.  This is Phil’s family church that he has been a member of all his life.  It is a beautiful old church with Tiffany stained glass windows.

pittsburgh8

The music and the sermon were outstanding!

Phil’s mom followed us home after the service and had Easter dinner with us.

I made a Costco spiral cooked ham, mashed potatoes, green beans, homemade rolls, deviled eggs and German Chocolate cake.

So I leave you with another beautiful sunset

Books this week: Spartan Gold  by Clive Cussler

Masters of the Five Magics by Lyndon Hardy

2 comments:

  1. You sure have some wonderful animal friends around you! Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so refreshing to read that Easter is celebrated for what is really is 'rebirth'. Not just about eating chocolate eggs, though nice. Its sad people forget the significance of religious events.

    I admire your attempts of hot cross buns, I have yet to try. The photographs were lovely. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me some!