Sunday, May 16, 2010

Live in rooms full of light. ~ Cornelius Celsus

It’s been a busy couple of weeks.

We went to the zoo one week.

I love zoos.  They have to be my favorite places to go, no matter what state we are in at the time.

The only problem is all the kids that are there.  I wish they would have an “adults only” day.

We were surrounded by several different schools from many different districts that had decided to go to the zoo on the same day we did.  I literally ran through the monkey house to get away from them.

I did manage to get a few photos.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Whisper, Whisper”

“Say What?”

 

“Talk to the hand, buddy”

Some starfish from the aquarium.

Mr Polar Bear

 

  

That has to be my fastest trip through a zoo ever!

We then went to Mount Washington, which looks over the city of Pittsburgh.

We then rode the incline.

 

 

 

There were some beautiful flowers on Mount Washington

  

Speaking of flowers, Phil surprised me with some gorgeous carnations.  My favorite.

I got a Kindle for an early birthday present.  Yes, I know my birthday isn’t until August, but I couldn’t wait.  I read so much and living in a fifth wheel doesn’t leave a lot of room for my book collection.

I’ve already read five books on my Kindle.  I can’t believe how much I love it.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

The Dark Tide Andrew Gross

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo  Stieg Larsson

The Girl who Played with Fire Stieg Larsson

4 comments:

  1. I'm a little jealous of you with your kindle!

    I totally know what you're saying about kids at the zoo. It's the class field trips that are hard to work with. They're just like little ants running everywhere willy nilly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=459060

    http://www.richardmoorenature.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy

    What beautiful pictures. I could use a lesson or two from you. Maybe we can get together this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photographs are lovely. I, too, am an animal fan.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me some!