Thursday, November 11, 2010

Friends and Neighbors

I told y’all last time that I had won a Kritter Kondo for the boys. Well, here they are picture and video of them inside their Kritter Kondo for the first time.

image

Our neighbors ,Carol and Dennis ,in Mission, Texas stopped by for a visit last weekend on their way down to the valley. We went to dinner on Saturday night at an Italian buffet and Sunday took them sightseeing. They left their fur boy,Cody with MS. Chloe.

image

We went up to Nemacolin.

One of the resort buildings.

image

Carol at a piece of the Berlin Wall

Carol Berlin Wall

Carol and Dennis at Ohiopyle.

image

Phil and I at Ohiopyle

Phil and I

I never get tired of going to Ohiopyle

Oiopyle

A little yellow

a touch of yellow

Some color

color

Last Friday night Phil ,AL and Debra and I we went to see The Glenn Miller Orchestra .

image

Phil said that I didn’t stop smiling through the entire performance. I love Big Band Music and especially Glenn Miller.

I didn’t know that in 1944,  on December 15th, Glenn Miller boarded a transport plane to Paris, never to be seen again.  After his disappearance and presumed death,his estate decided the band continue playing under the Glenn Miller name. They are led now by trombonist Larry O'Brien, who is incredible at 76 years young.

I baked this amazing bread this week!

image

Cream Cheese Swirled Pumpkin Bread

Recipe (adapted from fullblown technicolor):

For the bread:

  • 1 2/3 C all purpose flour
  • 1 t baking soda
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 1 t ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 t ground cloves
  • 1/2 t ginger
  • 1/4 t ground nutmeg
  • 1 1/2 C pumpkin puree
  • 1/3 C vegetable oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 C granulated sugar

For the filling:

  • 12 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 C granulated sugar
  • 1 T all purpose flour
  • 1 egg

Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a loaf pan (or several mini ones).

Combine filling ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.

In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients. Add dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.

Spread an even layer of pumpkin batter in prepared pan. Next spread a layer of cream cheese, topped with another layer of pumpkin batter. Run a knife through the batter to create the marbled effect.The pan should be about 3/4 of the way full.

My mini loaves took about 45 minutes to bake. Let cool for about 15 minutes before removing from pans.

This week I won  a gift certificate to sterling silver jewelry from Readaholic.

and I won Corel Paint It!  from Freebies and Much More

Corel Paint it takes your photos and turns them into beautiful watercolor paintings or oil paintings.

image

Still reading Simon Green’s Nightside series. Hate to see it end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me some!