Monday, April 11, 2011

Phipps Conservatory Spring Show

A few months ago I joined a Meet Up Group called The Pittsburgh photo safari meetup group, a group of photographers from around the Pittsburgh area that meet at different locations and take photos. I joined because I wanted to meet other photographers and I wanted to find interesting places to go and take pictures. It has been a terrific experience so far.
Yesterday we met at Phipps Conservatory for the Spring Flower show. I didn’t even this place existed until the other day.They have been open since 1893. Phipps Conservatory was built by Henry Phipps as a gift to the City of Pittsburgh. It has 19 indoor and outdoor gardens! It is located  in Schenley Park, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States (near the Carnegie Museums in Oakland).
What a great opportunity to take photos!








































Mephips2