Thursday, May 19, 2011

Revenge Served Cold by Jackie Fullerton Book Review

Revenge Served Cold by Jackie Fullerton
Revenge Served Cold
Book Title: Revenge Served Cold
Author: Jackie Fullerton
Genre: Mystery/Suspense
ISBN: 978--9843815-0-0
Publisher: Thomas House Publishing
Suggested Retail Price: $8.99
Kathy Spence awakens in the middle of the night and finds herself in a living nightmare. Her husband has been run down and she is the primary suspect. With an eyewitness to the crime and proof that her car was the murder weapon, it appears to be an open and shut case. Terrified for her future, Kathy turns to amateur sleuth Anne Marshall for help. Believing in Kathy s innocence, Anne launches her own investigation, uncovering proof of a conspiracy that reaches from Kathy s past and threatens her own life. In a race against time, Anne must count on her close friends and even the ghost of her father to help her bring a killer to justice before it s too late
I was sent a review copy of this book by the publicist and was looking forward to reading it from the description of the book.
The thought of an amateur sleuth being helped by the ghost of her dead father was intriguing.,
I wish I had known this was the second book in the series, the first being Piercing the Veil. It’s not  necessary to read the first book before reading this one but I  felt like it would have given more depth to the characters and I would have enjoyed it more.
Court reporter by day, law student by night, Anne Marshall began her own investigation after being contacted by a friend of Kathy’s. With the help of her fiancĂ©, Assistant District Attorney Jason Perry, and several friends from her law class study group, the amateur sleuth found there was more to the story than the police realized.
Anne is warned by the police to not help Kathy in the investigation and  her friends are determined to save her from herself and from getting in trouble. I didn’t like how condescending they were to her. Her father,who is a ghost, remember, encourages her and tries to give her clues to solve the case.
I would say this is a good, light read. It has some humor, some mystery and a touch of the paranormal.
You can buy this book from Amazon
Revenge Served Cold
I was sent this book to review on my Kindle.
My thanks to the publicist for allowing me to review this book.
I received no monetary compensation.  All opinions expressed are mine.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great book, I just finished one I enjoyed. I love book series the best.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me some!