Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fright Night at Moundsville Prison

Phil always tries to think of somewhere cool to take me for Halloween. Last year it was a haunted hay ride, which was fun but kinda weird because there were young couples with their young children and teenagers making out and then Phil and I. But I think I was more scared than the kids, because I hate/love when people fall out of trees with chainsaws, but that's just me.
This year he took me Moundsville Prison. The imposing Gothic structure was first opened in 1876, but closed in 1995. It's seen riots, fires and the execution of nearly 100 prisoners through either hanging or electrocution.



























The imposing Gothic structure was first opened in 1876, but closed in 1995. It's seen riots, fires and the execution of nearly 100 prisoners through either hanging or electrocution. We got to experienced the fright of being locked up in a cell, the fear of being lost in a maze and the terror of an eerie walk through the dungeon of horrors!

















The Former West Virginia Penitentiary housed some of the most violent criminals in history. Many of the prisoners who lived here also died here. The prison is known to have one of the highest levels of paranormal activity in the United States.

The only thing that got to me was when we had to walk through this clingy black stuff that felt like it was suffocating me. I felt really claustrophobic and about strangled Phil with his suspenders.
All in all though it was a lot of fun and I'm glad we went. I'd like to go back for the regular tour though where the guide takes you through the prison and tells you all the history of the place.
Phil also took me on a couple of trips up the mountain to see the leaves.
This is a beautiful area, so much to see and enjoy.


















































Books I've read this week.




























1 comment:

I love comments! Please leave me some!