Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Bakery Square and Carnegie History and Art Museum

Sue and I have been having a great time together. A couple of Saturdays ago we headed to Bakery Square to I Made It for the Holidays
The shopping festivities included 80+ regional artisans. Sue got a beautiful handmade scarf and some earrings and I got this neat wooden wine bottle and glass holder.
 


















These two dogs were in the Christmas spirit!


I'm glad Phil didn't see this truck, I may have lost him!

Pittsburgh is such a beautiful city, there is always something to see.






 We had a bit of snow the other day. It was so pretty.
I loved this quote. I took the picture from my front door.
“I prefer winter and fall, when you feel the bone structure of the landscape – the loneliness of it, the dead feeling of winter. Something waits beneath it, the whole story doesn’t show.”
Andrew Wyeth

  
Ms Chloe enjoyed the snow


Next was the Carnegie History and Art Museum 




There was so much to see!


We spent hours in the museum and still didn't see it all!
Here are some of my favorite highlights.


The butterfly case was amazing.


I loved the Egyptian room





Check out this sundial!


I'll post some more photos from the museum next time.



2 comments:

  1. Interesting pictures. I'm curious, are there two of those trucks? (grin)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me some!