Sunday, January 27, 2013

Home Sweet Home

Phil and I made it to the Valley finally.
Everything has changed so much ,where we live at Retama Village, in three years while we have been gone  that I drove right by our lot, I didn't even recognize it.
We have been cleaning out the coach house and cleaning the trailer inside and out so we have been really busy but it is so nice to be back.
The weather has been incredible with warm,sunny days, We've been riding everywhere with the top down on the convertible. Phil always said we would get a lot of use out of it while we are in the Valley.
Our home
Home 2013
We have been working hard but I did make one trip over to the World Birding Center. Since the flood of 2010, a lot of birds left the area,due to the park being closed and the birds not being fed. I was saddened to see how few birds were at the feeders compared to when we were here in 2008 and 2009.
I did get a few photos.
This is a Screech Owl
Screech Owl Bentsen SP
This is a Chachalaca , they are such funny  birds.
chachalaca 2013

chachalaca 20132
Saw a couple of Green Jays
green jays 2013
This Golden Fronted Woodpecker was enjoying the peanut butter
Golden Fronted woodpecker 2013
Beautiful Altamira Oriole
altamira oriole2013
Phil and I went to the Public Utility office and I saw this stunning hawk in a tree.

Mission Texas Hawk

So far since I've been home I've made caramel cookies,a pineapple upside down cake and a carrot cake.
All of our friends and neighbors have been so sweet and welcoming to us.
Books I’ve been reading
image

image
image

2 comments:

  1. I hope even more of the birds come back for you to enjoy! I'm curious about the books you mentioned too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you have finally returned to Texas. Enjoy the warm weather! We are alos in TX-volunteering at Balcones Canyonlands National Wildlife Refuge, about 35 miles from Austing.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me some!