Friday, November 13, 2015

20th Annual Texas Butterfly Festival Field Trip Day 2


Our trip leaders for Day 2 were Linda and Buck Cooper.  Linda and Buck Cooper are Florida natives, but every year for six weeks they are Texans and proud of it.  They are great teachers, spending time not only identifying the butterfly but explaining the field marks to look for and the behavior of the butterfly.

Our first stop was Roma Bluffs, which is part of the World Birding Center. We saw a very nice Zebra Heliconian there.

A lovely Rounded Metalmark


Then we drove up to Falcon State Park to their butterfly gardens.

My first Coyote Cloudywing.




I also saw my first American lady.



We were all fascinated with the moth caterpillar.


































Another great day, with great butterflies.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me some!