Sunday, September 27, 2009

I am a part of all that I have met. ~Alfred Lord Tennyson

4905585-lg
I love this quote, doesn’t this sum it up for all of us?
Monday, Debra and I went to Grand Forks. Debra is the wife of one of the inspectors that Phil works with. I had a doctor’s appointment and then we went shopping and to eat at the Chinese buffet.
I had met Debra when she came into the Pitstop for lunch one day and we got to talking. She is a Messianic Jew which is a Jewish person who believes that Yeshua (Jesus) is their Messiah.
We had a interesting talk about her beliefs and I learned a lot.
Tuesday, Deb, my boss, brought me some zucchini and asked if I would make her some zucchini bread. I’d never made any but I decided to give it try. It turned out really good!
image
Zucchini Bread
Ingredients:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 1/4 cups white sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions:
1.
Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2.
Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
3.
Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
4.
Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.


I also baked a carrot cake and took that to work and the girls and I ate it all up!

Wednesday I worked and I swear my brain was in a fog all day. I kept making the stupidest mistakes!

Thursday was some better, I still felt like I was in a moving in slow motion most of the day, but working with Penny I always have a good time, even when my mind is as dense as a London fog.

Friday was a really interesting day. After work Debra and I met and went to the lake to do a Tashlikh or "casting off.
The previous year's sins are symbolically "cast off" by throwing pieces of bread, or a similar food item, into a large, natural body of flowing water (such as a river, lake, sea or ocean).
The name "Tashlikh" and the practice itself are derived from the Biblical passage (Micah 7:18-20) recited at the ceremony: "You will cast all their sins into the depths of the sea."
Debra read some to me from the Messianic Shabbat Siddur and then we walked down to the lake and I threw my bread crumbs in the water. What a beautiful ritual to do.
Icesplake
Me
Tashlikh
Debra
Debra
Today we drove to Minot to look at a truck Phil found on Ebay. It was a great looking truck but Phil and the seller couldn’t come to terms on a price. So we drove down to Grand Forks and had dinner and got groceries for two weeks. It was a long day. We left home at 8:00 am and got back at 8:00 pm.
We did see one thing that was neat.
RubyND
We didn’t even know this existed. I love just finding things like this.
RubyND3
RubyND2
I won three books this week.
The Way Home by George Pelecanos.





A pocket Guide by Jason Boyett. A young Christian writer
http://jasonboyett.com/

and The Lost Dog by Michelle de Krester




So that was my week this week. I hope this coming week will be full of God’s blessings for all of you!
To see what books and movies I’ve read and watched this week, click here….
Chick that loves flicks and books

1 comment:

  1. Kathy,
    I love the whole idea of your Tashlikh. How beautiful! Thanks for sharing this wonderful tradtion. Can't wait to make the zucchini bread...the kids will love it!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me some!