Monday, July 11, 2011

Pittsburgh tour and trip to Amish Country


Weekend before last Phil and I took a tour of downtown Pittsburgh with the Pittsburgh Tour Company.
We had a guide and a great seating spot on the upper deck of the bus.
20110627_3

The tour was very interesting and I loved seeing the city from that  unique angle and seeing the wonderful architecture.


I had heard that there was a Furry convention that weekend and I was hoping to spot some and I did!
What is a Furry,you might ask? Well, it is people who focus on anthropomorphics -- fictional animal characters with human personalities and characteristics.
At the annual convention, enthusiasts dress up in masks and full-length animal costumes, including big, furry tails.

Furries


Phil had a long weekend off for the fourth of July, so we took a trip to Millersburg,Ohio to the Amish country.
The Amish don’t like having their photos taken due to their religious beliefs,so I was careful to only use my zoom from a distance.






I had to take this ;picture of the red barn. Love red barns!

Phil got such a laugh from this sign in the cheese factory.

Books I’ve read in the past two weeks.
A Lucky Child: A Memoir of Surviving Auschwitz as a Young Boy
image
City of Thieves by David Benioff
One of the best books I’ve read all year!
image
image
image
image

2 comments:

  1. I lived in Pittsburgh from age 2 til age 7, great city!

    How could you not include the HILLS???

    Or the cable car thingies they have going up the mountain downtown?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun getaway. I'm so glad you shared it all with us. I've never been to either of those places!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me some!