Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Pirates and a New Camera



Last week Phil and I met Sonja to watch a Pirates game at PNC park. Her daughter Stephanie was there too along with her friend Sam.


sonjastephsam
You can’t help but feel sorry for this guy with a name like that,


My favorite player is McCutcheon




We enjoyed the game, especially since the Pirates are doing so well this year.
The really big news though,is that Phil got me a new camera for my birthday next month. He got me a Canon Rebel T2I

It is so awesome!
Here are some photos that I took last Sunday.

military
addison
addison2
addison3
The difference  I notice the most is the clarity of the pictures. I also love that there is no delay when taking a picture,you just snap,snap,snap!
20110715_44 copy
20110715_43 copy
moon rise
I’ve been doing some more canning, I made Green Tomato relish or chow chow. I also fried some green tomatoes…yum,yum. This recipe comes from my friend Greg in Kansas.
Greg’s Fried Green Tomatoes
¾ parts all- Purpose flour
¼ part cornmeal
1 tbsp Basil
1 Tbsp Parsley
Dash Garlic Powder
Dash Celery salt
1 Tbsp pepper
Shake to mix
Dip sliced tomato in beaten egg
Dip into flour mixture in bag and shake
Leave in bag for half an hour
Fry in vegetable oil until brown
 
Books I’ve read the past two weeks
image
image
image

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for following my blog, so sorry i took so long. I love your new camera, I'm hinting to my hubby big time for one of my own.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me some!