Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Allegheny Cemetery

I love old cemeteries and grave stones. Fortunately this area is filled with them. Pittsburgh has one of the oldest and neatest cemeteries in the country.

There are many famous people buried there including Lillian Russell, Stephen Foster and General John Neville.

Phil and I went with my photography group, Jpegs and Java.

The monuments are so beautiful. The cemetery is filled with geese and wild deer.

allegheny cemetery 11

allegheny cemetery 10

Allegheny Cemetery 12

Angel allegheny 3

 allegheny LR (1 of 1)

 allegheny 2 LR (1 of 1)

angel allegheny cemetery

allegheny 3 (1 of 1)

allegheny 5 (1 of 1)

 

Allegheny Cemetery 6 Redo

allegheny cemetery 9

Cross

Allgheny Cemetery 14 (1 of 1)

Blue angel allegheny LR (1 of 1)

Blue angel allegheny

I also joined a cemetery group on Facebook. We all enjoy exploring cemeteries and enjoy taking photos of old graves.

Books I’ve been reading

image

image

image

image

 

image

1 comment:

  1. Blog walking this am and found myself here. Looks like we have several things in common. The love of travel and adventure, the love of old cemeteries, and you traveling in your fifth wheel all around is what hubby wants to do after he retires. We used to camp ALOT. Tent camping and back packing. Frankly, my back and knees don't want to do that anymore. We'll see what happens when retirement hits.

    Anyway, I'm your newest followering on bloglovin and blogspot. Welcome mats always out, hope you'll swing by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me some!