Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother

Happy Mother's Day.

I miss my mama, I miss my sons. Today is not a great day for me.
My mama
mama3
She passed away in February, 2005
I miss her every day.

I sent my Stepmom, Ann, who has been terrific to me, a dress from Mexico. A lot of the gals here wear them to the pool. I love the loud colors and the hand embroidery.

We sent Phil's mom one also. Hers is a little more subdued.

I spent most of the week trying to get pictures of a black neck stilt. There is a pond being created down the road for the use of the Village people and the other residents of the area. It will have an island and fishing for those that like to fish. Right now the birds are enjoying it. I've been having some trouble with my telephoto lens though.
I have the Nikon TC-E15ED Tele-Converter Lens for Coolpix 5700 and for the life of me I can't figure out how to use it. I have read the manuals, read all I can find about it online and my photos are still slightly out of focus!
Anyway, I made several trips down to the pond and
kept trying.
Black Necked Stilt

104copy 115copy
They make a sharp yipping sound continuously when disturbed. I guess I was disturbing them a lot:)

In other news this week I won a set of Lock & Lock storage containers from Tammy from Love My 2 Dogs.
winnings
I’ve won some neat things entering online sweeps over the years.

Friday Jamie and Jack picked us up to go to lunch.
jackandjamie
I love their car. It was too hot to have the top down though.
We went to Gonzales, the best burger joint in the valley.
gonzales
Unassuming place but don’t let that fool you.
Look at the size of this burger!
gonzalesburger
And the fries and onion rings
onionringsandfries
And the prices! Cheap Cheap!
day old chick
More photos this week.
We have this bush in the island of our lot and it is an unruly beast but it does have some beautiful blooms.
bokehbush
I love the Bokeh filter.

Other Photos













189copy













Books this week: Valhalla Rising by Clive Cussler.
I use to read his books all the time but I haven't read one of his in awhile now. I enjoy the blend of "history" and suspense.

Movies this week:
The Secret starring David Duchovny
This was an excellent movie.
It's a supernatural drama based on the Japanese film Himitsu about a woman who dies and yet her spirit takes up residence in the body of her 16 year old daughter. This causes the husband to have to deal with some sticky situations.

Appaloosa starring Viggo Mortensen and Ed Harris.
A good western.



Good video for Mother’s Day







1 comment:

I love comments! Please leave me some!