Sunday, May 17, 2009

Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

Psalms 63

O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water

A sad week this week.

Larry and Linda left for the season. They were the first people to welcome us to Retama Village, and they have been so gracious and helpful to us.

Donna and Grant left also. They are really sweet people that we were blessed to get to know this year. We will miss them. The good thing is that, God willing, we will see them again next winter!

We went to Estero Llano Grande State Park this week. Phil waited at the visitor center while I went looking for the alligator that is suppose to reside there. I didn’t see any alligators, but I did get some good shots of the birds and a rabbit.

The Visitor Center

Estero Llano Grande State Park14

Some pretty flowers

Estero Llano Grande State Park15

Some ducks

Estero Llano Grande State Park13

I love this picture!

38copy 40copy

45copy51copy

62copy

We went down to Nuevo Progreso, Mexico to get some more medications, so we can leave with a full stock.

Mexico1

Now this looks like what I always envisioned Mexico would look like.

mexico4

Outside the farmacia we go to.

mexico5

Where we get our pet meds.

mexico6

Phil gets a four dollar haircut at Reuben's, which includes a power sander massage!

mexico7

Some pretty flowers in Mexico

Mexico2

We had a small good bye happy hour for Bonnie and Gail on Wednesday. They were leaving for Wisconsin.

Bonnie, myself, and Sheri

bonniemesheri

After happy hour Sheri, Rocky, Phil, and I went to Olive Garden for dinner. I had this fabulous new dish they are offering, the Lasagna Rollatini with Chicken.

chicken_rollatini_7248

This is definitely a dish I will order again.

We also had to go to Lowes to buy a new bathroom faucet. Our original faucet wouldn't shut off and replacement parts weren't available, so we needed a new one.

I really like the one we picked out.

faucet

Rocky installed it for us. Sheri and he have been such a blessing to us and we treasure their friendship.

While they were over we fixed homemade pizza and spinach salad. I’m always intending to take a picture of our homemade pizzas, but I always forget! Maybe next time.

I did take a photo of one of my favorite deserts.

Baker’s One Bowl Brownies with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, and cherries. Yummmmm!

brownie

Saturday afternoon we had storms, with flash flood and high wind warnings. Thankfully we didn’t get any damage, just some much needed rain.

I made a pot of all day spaghetti sauce and some homemade bread sticks, so we invited Sheri and Rocky over for dinner.

Books this week:

Until We Meet Again: A True Story of Love and Survival in the Holocaust by Michael Korenblit

Too Far Gone by John Ramsey Miller

Movies this week:

In Trazit starring

Vera Farmiga and John Malkovich

In the chaotic aftermath of WWII, a group of German POWs are accidentally sent to a female-run Soviet prison camp.

Taken starring Liam Neeson

A former spy relies on his old skills to save his estranged daughter, who has been forced into the slave trade

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me some!