Sunday, June 28, 2009

Pleasure is spread through the earth In stray gifts to be claimed by whoever shall find.

The gift given to me this week was finding a pair of Altimore Orioles building a nest. What joy to watch them diligently carry straw and pieces of grass to their new home and weave it all together.
Altimore Oriole 4
I went over to the park for four days. The heat has been sweltering with high humidity so I didn’t feel like staying out too long.
I did get some pictures of her inside of the nest weaving.
Alitmore Oriole3
I wanted everyone to be able to hear their beautiful song. I could have stood there all day watching and listening to them.



Wednesday there was a butterfly walk scheduled but it got rained out, the only real rain we’ve had in weeks. I was able to talk to the butterfly guy who is the resident authority around here, and he helped me to identify a picture I had taken of a butterfly earlier in the week.
Clench's Greenstreak
This is a Clench's Greenstreak.
Clench's Greenstreak (2)
I won two contests this week! I won a beautiful Horse shoe Nail Cross necklace from Horse Shoe Nail Cross.
horseshoe nail cross
I also won a gorgeous sterling silver ring in onyx from Random Acts of Bling.
silver oynx ring
For potluck this week I made a Butterfinger Cake. I had never made one before but I saw the recipe on Southern Plate and it looked soooo good that I had to try it.
Butterfinger cake
It’s an easy cake to make also, which is a plus when it’s so hot.
Here is the recipe, but be forewarned, it will disappear fast!


Butterfinger Cake
1 box devil’s food cake mix
1 bottle caramel topping
1 can Condensed milk
1 large tub cool whip
1 Butterfinger bar
Prepare cake according to package directions. Immediately after removing cake from oven, poke several holes all over the top with a fork. Mix sweetened condensed milk and caramel together, pour over hot cake, spread it over the entire cake. Chill well. After cake has chilled completely, spread cool whip over the top and sprinkle crushed Butterfinger bar on top of cool whip.

It is a very moist cake and very rich.


Look at this big Texas sky! I love the sky here. Every time I go outside I see something else in the sky that catches my eye, how blue the sky is, how fluffy and white the clouds are.
Big texas sky
Look at this butterfly on the Mexican Olive tree.
mexican oilve buttefly
mexican oilve buttefly3


mexican oilve buttefly2
The flowers are so beautiful here also.




Oh and the Scissor tail couple are still nest sitting. I saw yesterday that one was sitting on the nest and the other flew up and they changed places. Thought that was interesting, that they both sit on the nest.















Yesterday we made a blueberry pie. I have mentioned before how delicious Phil’s pie crust is. I just wish you all could taste how flaky his crust really is .
blueberry pie

Movies this week:
Australia Starring Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman.
I hesitated to watch this movie because I thought it was a chick flick but it was much more than that It also had a good story and amazing cinematography that reminded me a lot of John Ford’s work. I thought the young boy was one of the most beautiful children I have ever seen
.
I also watched Confessions of a Shopaholic Starring Isla Fisher
This was definitely a chick flick but it was a cute, funny movie that I enjoyed.

Books this week:
Still reading Michael Connelly
I had to order The Poet because it was one of his earlier works that I didn’t have and the next book that I did have was a follow up to that story. Luckily Paperback Swap had it and it was shipped in just a couple of days. I’m on the last couple of chapters now and it was a riveting book that even had an introduction from Stephen king!
So now I can continue reading the rest of the books I have by MR. Connelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me some!