Sunday, August 30, 2009

As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." ~Mel Brooks


I made a doozy of a mistake this week. My mama always told me that I move too fast, that I don’t take the time to think before doing something. She was always telling me I am too impulsive. This week brought all those times she told me these things home to me.

I took a job at the local Bottle Shop, in order to make a few dollars and to get out of the house and see people. All well and good except the job was working nights. Phil and I talked about it and figured that we could work it out for a couple nights a week. I was enjoying the job and enjoying interacting with the people that came in. Until…. Phil has to get up at 4:30 in the morning to get ready for work and he is working until 7:00 – 7:30 at night and he doesn’t get home until around 8:00. He stopped at the Bottle Shop to see me and I could tell he was worn plum out. On top of that he was going to have to go home and make his own dinner because I was working! My first priority is my husband, period. I thought about it the rest of the night and put my notice in after my shift ended. I need to be home when he gets home so I can have his supper ready and so I can get things ready for him for the next morning. I really need to think things through more! I feel awful because I wasted Chris’s time training me and they need help so badly, but Phil needs me more. If I’m not here to take care of him why does he need me here at all? I could have stayed home in Mission and let him fend for himself like a lot of the wives do.

I did get a job working three days a week at the local ice cream shop and it is during the day so that should work out much better for us.

It’s terrific that Icelandic state park is only 5 miles from our trailer! I went over there this week and it is a pretty nice state park. Phil told me to go ahead and get a annual pass even though we won’t be here a year because it will be cheaper than paying 5.00 a visit.

The park has a walking trail, a lake and a beach!

Icelandic State Park ND Nature Trail Icelandic State Park ND Icelandic State Park ND Beach

I didn’t see many birds but I did get to see a few other critters.

These are leopard frogs.

Leopard frog maybe Leopard frog Leopard frog2

I also saw two chipmunks even though when I told the Naturalist he kept insisting that North Dakota doesn’t have chipmunks, so maybe they are just here on vacation?

chipmunk

I liked this red among all the green.

Icelandic State Park ND4

These mushrooms in the tree stump were interesting

mushrooms

I got to go out on the right a way to bring Phil some things he needed. He is watching the pot hole digging crew. They probe the topsoil for the existing pipe.

posthole

We also had one of the Xray Techs over for dinner this week. I fixed strawberry spinach salad, steak, baked potatoes with all of the fixins and sweet corn on the cob. The steaks were huge! I love getting our steaks from Sam’s club.

So that was my week. Hopefully next week will be a little better.

Books this week: Book of Lies by Brad Meltzer

The Pale Blue Eye by Louis Bayard

Extreme Justice by William Bernhardt

The Pale Blue Eye was my favorite book this week. The story is about a detective trying to solve a murder at West Point with the help of a young Edgar Allen Poe.

Movies this week:
Obsessed Idris Elba from the Wire stars in this done over and over again story ala Fatal Attraction. I did enjoy Beyoncé Knowles portrayal of the confused and hurt wife.
The Spirit Frank Miller of Sin City and 300 fame directed this movie. I didn’t even finish it. It held no appeal for me.
Transporter 3 Same ole same ole but I do like Jason Statham!

2 comments:

  1. Guess we'll have to start calling you "Froggie Kathy"!!

    Nice Blog.....Poor Phil....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished reading this blog and found it to be interesting reading. Thanks for posting it

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me some!