Saturday, September 12, 2009

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower ~ Albert Camus

 

card937

Autumn is my favorite time of year. The smell of wood smoke in the air, the bright splash of color on the trees. Everything feels so crisp and sharp!

I use to make Phil a card every day when he was working, I made the one above in Paintshop Pro and Animation shop.

I was going to start back again but having a 5 GB limit on our air time doesn’t allow for a lot of uploading and downloading!

This week in the park I could see the beginning of the turn of the season.

touchofredicesp

splashofred

This view reminds me of home on the Blue Ridge Parkway

icesp 

Driving along the parkway in the fall is really the only thing I miss about home.

I’m enjoying working at the Pitstop and I really like my boss but she may be a tad on the gullible side. Apparently one of the pipeliners told her that the best way to keep flies away was to put pennies in a bag of water and hang them up!

peenies in a bag.

I guess we will have to see if the flies decrease any. Because of the rich farmland we are inundated with flies! The mosquitoes are the worse though. Phil says that they bite him through his shirt and work vest!

This is Missy, my boss’s daughter. She is so sweet and fun to work with. Here she is making me a blueberry milkshake. You can’t tell she is expecting in January!

missy

5 miles up the road is the Pembina County Historical Museum and this Sunday is the Pioneer Machinery ShowMachinery parade, threshing and tractor pull. I went by the museum after work and watched them set up for the show tomorrow.

The museum is filled with artifacts of the area’s history.

Pembina Museum

 

Pembina Museum2

Outside there was rows and rows of old tractors and vehicles.

pioneer2

Pioneer pioneer3

Books this week: I started reading Terri Blackstone’s series Newpointe 911. I normally don’t read Christian writers because I find the writing so bland but this series that I picked up at our local library is terrific. Murder and mayhem with some down home Christianity thrown in. Her writing isn’t preachy at all, yet it touches you with it’s simple message of God’s love.

I’ve read Private Justice, Shadow of Doubt, Word of Honor and Trial by Fire.

I also read a fascinating novel Christina Falls by Benjamin Black

From Amazon In this expertly paced debut thriller from Irish author Black , pathologist Garret Quirke uncovers a web of corruption in 1950s Dublin surrounding the death in childbirth of a young maid, Christine Falls. This book grabs you and doesn’t let go until the end.

 

Movies this week Tin Man starring Zooey Deschanel, Neal McDonough and Kathleen Robertson A re-imagining of L. Frank Baum's classic "The Wizard of Oz"

I’m not too fond of Zooey Deschanel but I loved Neal McDonough and Kathleen Roberston in this made for TV mini-series. It was a clever retelling of the Wizard of OZ.

Streets of Blood starring Val Kilmer and Curtis 50 Cent

A police officer's partner has died during Hurricane Katrina, but he later discovers that his partner may have been murdered. An investigation follows, taking the officer and his new partner into the depths of the criminal underworld.

This movie was very raw and gritty

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me some!