Sunday, November 1, 2009

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.

 

 image

 

This was a fun filled week.

Sunday Phil and I made an apple pie, or as it was called in the Pillsbury cookbook, “The Perfect Apple Pie”

image

It truly was a “perfect pie” made even more perfect by Phil’s flaky crust!

Tuesday I fixed dinner for the Chief Inspector and his wife.

I went and got some things to make the table pretty.

image

We had Cornish game hens stuffed with almond wild rice, strawberry spinach salad, green beans, home made  buttermilk honey bread and strawberries dipped in white chocolate.

It was nice getting to know them both. They are from Louisiana and his wife is just so much fun to listen to, she has so many stories to tell.

 

The cold weather is making the boys cuddle up.

image

Wednesday I worked and Thursday I had to stay home because Phil’s truck broke down and he had to drive my van to work.

They gave me a Park Avenue to drive until they figure out what is wrong with Phil’s truck. As of this writing he still hasn’t gotten word about what is wrong with truck.

Friday I went out with my boss and a friend of hers to a bar for happy hour after work and I got my first Colorado Bulldog. This consists of kahlua, vodka, coke and cream. It was alright but not something I’d order all the time. I like my kahlua and milk.

  We didn’t stay to long. I really don’t enjoy going places without Phil!

I then went up to the Cedar Inn to wait for Phil and while I was waiting I had another Colorado Bulldog and a Jell-O shot. I was fortifying myself because Penny had talked me into going to the Haunted House with her.

The Haunted House was ok, I’ve been in scarier ones and I’m glad this one wasn’t too frightening. I do think Penny’s arm was probably black and blue from me grabbing it so hard as we walked through.

Saturday I just worked all day. Phil has been getting home late the last couple of nights, so we haven’t been eating dinner together. It’s been difficult for both of us.

Phil worked in the office some and he went out a couple of days at Snake River the end of the spread, setting maps.

This is a hoe with a thumb attachment.

image

As you can see it was snowing where he was.

Phil also took a neat picture of the sunrise for me.

image

Sunday, I went to church with my friend Kim.Kim's church

The people were very friendly and the Pastor preached a good service on the history of Halloween and how it mirrors the good and evil of the world around us.

I won several contests this week.

A Fang-tastic Books tote bag, Blood Ties Season One and Season 2 on DVD (thanks Eagle Rock Entertainment), a copy of The Mammoth Book of Erotic Confessions , a copy of Blood Price by Tanya Huff (the first book in the Blood series that launched the Blood Ties TV show) and a signed copy of Eternal Desire.

image

image image

image image

image

I also won

image

and one these bookmarks from I’m Booking It

image

These two books from Readaholic

image

and

image

and

image

For tomorrow

image

1 comment:

I love comments! Please leave me some!