Saturday, December 19, 2009

Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes. ~Henry David Thoreau

So we are finally heading home. Hopefully the next blog post will be from our home in Mission, Texas!
I only wish I could box up all of the wonderful people I have met while we have been here in North Dakota and take them home with us.
Monday we finally got our new truck delivered.
image
Mike, our roommate, has a truck similar to ours and he wanted to buy the grill guard that was on it.  I was thrilled because I thought that it was the ugliest thing!
image
The truck looks much nicer without it.
Wednesday I went to lunch with Ruth and George.  They are such sweet people.
image
I stopped in to hug my girls, Penny and Deb, goodbye.
image
Thursday night Kim and her mama and daddy, Lee and Linda, took us to Altona, Manitoba, to that wonderful pizza place we ate at before.
image
Yes, I am wearing reindeer horns on my head!
Sheri brought me some lefse because I really wanted to try some before we left.  It is wonderful!  I put sugar and butter on it like they told me to and I was blown away!  Wish I had had time to go out to her house and watch her make it, but at least I got to try it.
image
I’ve been packing, loading up the van, and cleaning.  We are hoping to be on the road Sunday, so that is the reason for the early blog post.
Please be praying for us!
Books this week:

The Way the Crow Flies by Ann-Marie MacDonald

Great book. One of my favorites that I have read this year.
A new take on the Dracula story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me some!