Wednesday, February 23, 2011

CSN Stores and my new bird feeder review !

image

I was thrilled when CNS stores asked me to review the Duncraft Super Songbird One Way Mirror Window Bird Feeder.

We have a feeder that I had hung from the ladder outside our big window in our fifth wheel, but this one seemed like it was just right for bird watching and photography.

Here it is a picture of the new feeder from outside.  It is really simple to hang.  It just attaches to the window with suction cups.

This is our old feeder from inside the house and the new feeder

 

The window feeder was very easy to fill with seed and there is a cover to keep the rain and snow out.

I left both feeders up to see which the birds would prefer.

It didn’t take long before the Chickadees and Nuthatches were eating out of the new feeder.  They go to this feeder more than the old one now.

Warning: Many bird photos to follow.

There is a film that you can use so that the birds can’t see you.  I didn’t use it because our windows are tinted so dark that the birds don’t notice the cats or me anyway.

The cats love it because the birds are right there!  Oh, they chatter and chirp at them!

It holds two pounds of seed.  That means I’m not out there constantly refilling it, and I really appreciate that, as cold and wet as it’s been lately.

My only reservation is that we will have to take it down and put it back up each time we move, and I’m not sure how well the suction cups will hold up.  Other than that this is a perfect feeder.

If you love watching birds and taking photos of them, this lets you get really close up!

I had to sit patiently, though, because Nuthatches and Chickadees are very quick feeders.  They jump onto the feeder, grab a piece of seed, then fly off.  They don’t linger!  I had to sit and try to snap the photo as quickly as I could.  The good thing is that they come back to the feeder over and over again.

The bird feeder is $50.00, and you get free shipping.

Duncraft Song Bird Feeder

I want to thank Kate for giving me the opportunity to try and to review this bird feeder!

Disclaimer:
CSNStores.com provided me with a gift code to use at their online shopping site. I used the gift code to purchase the above mentioned product. All opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. WOw that is an amazing bird feeder! and what a cute bird!

    Thanks for sharing.
    Following back.
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    I am your newest follower from the blog hops. Loving the look of your blog; I shall enjoy visiting often. I would love if you came by and visited/followed me when you get a moment. Thanks so much.

    http://www.thethingswefindinside.com/
    ~Tami Marie~

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me some!