Sunday, March 6, 2011

Prowling his own quiet backyard or asleep by the fire, he is still only a whisker away from the wilds. - Jean Burden The mathematical probability of a com

Whiskers discovered the new bird feeder this week.

 

 

We had a stressful week electronically this week.  I joked that we must have made the electronic gods mad, because our internet went down, my BlackBerry stopped working, my Kindle wouldn’t boot up, and I had an appliance blow up and catch fire.  I am so dependent on electronic gadgets that I can barely function when they stop working.  I was desperate enough to seriously thinking about finding a chicken to sacrifice.

We finally got things working correctly, and Amazon sent me a new Kindle to replace the one that stopped working.  I’m glad I didn’t have to resort to desperate measures to get my electronic world back on track.

I have the best mother-in-law in the world.  I went to her house the other day to help her set up her Kindle, and on her kitchen counter she had something I have been lusting over for more than a year now, a Demy recipe reader..112

A Demy holds all of your recipes and has a touch screen.  Instead of dragging out your cookbooks, laptop, or recipe cards, you put them on the Demy, which sits on your counter so that your recipes are accessible at all times.

While I was carrying on about how much I have been wanting one and how expensive they are – over $200.00 – she pulled her laptop over and ordered me one.

I was speechless!

I’ve been busy loading my recipes.  The only thing I don’t like is that you have to type your recipes onto a website, http://www.keyingredient.com, then sync them to your Demy.  I  would rather just directly sync them from my PC to the Demy.

Today it’s been snowing all day.  I’m kind of bummed, because it is March, after all!

 

I was feeling homesick so I made a Texas cake.

I got the pan from Ebay. It’s a Wilton pan but they have discontinued selling them.

I wanted to frost it in Texas colors but I didn’t have any blue food coloring, so we just used white frosting.

This week’s recipe is from my friend Debra.  We had this for lunch one day at her house and I loved it.

Whipped Fruit Salad

1  can fruit cocktail drained
1 can mandarin oranges
Marachino cherries
Equal parts cool whip and sour cream
Nuts
Can add marshmallows

Mix all together and chill.

I won some great things this week.

30 dollar Gift Certificate to Café Press that I used to get

image

image

A ring from Blue Butterfly Vintage

image

Gift Certificate to CNS stores that I used to get

image

 

An Olivari Kitchen Essentials Giveaway from  http://www.kitchen.amoores.com/

image

But the absolutely best thing that I won is the  Soda Stream and 3 soda mixes from 2 Wired 2 Tired!

image

I’ve been wanting one of these so long!

Making carbonated water and soft drinks is simple! Turn tap water into sparkling water in under 30 seconds, with no clean-up. Enjoy the freshness and convenience of homemade soda and protect the environment at the same time. No heavy bottles to carry, store at home or throw away. Fizz to your taste and add the flavor of your choice to make your favorite drink.

Using your own home carbonation system means:

  • Less packaging waste from cans and bottles.
  • Less pollution caused by transport of bottled beverages.

One SodaStream carbonator makes 60 or 110 liters, equivalent to 170 or 310 aluminum cans! When empty, the carbonator is refilled and reused, ready to make more fizzy and tasty soda whenever you want it.

So the end of another week.

See you!

4 comments:

  1. love the pics of the bird feeder, I am sure your cat is having a hoot.

    Thanks for finding my blog and returning your follow.

    Http://stayingclosetohome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the pics of the bird feeder, I am sure your cat is having a hoot.

    Thanks for finding my blog and returning your follow.

    Http://stayingclosetohome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pics of the bird feeder, I am sure your cat is having a hoot.

    Thanks for finding my blog and returning your follow.

    Http://stayingclosetohome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the pics of the bird feeder, I am sure your cat is having a hoot.

    Thanks for finding my blog and returning your follow.

    Http://stayingclosetohome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me some!