Sunday, May 22, 2011

Arena Football and other strange things.

Last Saturday, Phil,Alicia,Phil's mom and his nephews and I all went to Consol Energy center to see the Pittsburgh Power play arena football.
arena football
Football played inside on a half size field and some weird rules.
At least we had dinner at Olive Garden first, so the night wasn't a total lost.
Debra and Judy and I went up the mountain Friday to look in antique stores. This store had some really neat things. Judy bought a bowel and Debra bought a beautiful lace table cloth.
image

image
image
We stopped by a few more places. Judy got a couple more bowels and Debra got her husband Al an old pipe wrench.
We then went to one of my favorite restaurants, the Summit Inn.
image
Love the lighting on the porch.
image
The food as always was terrific.
The flowers outside were gorgeous!
image

Got some good bird shots this week
Three Morning Doves
three morning doves

Morning Dove
Morning Dove
House Finch
House finch
House Finch
image
House finch
image
I read Dog Tags this week by David Rosenfelt.
image
A German Shepherd police dog witnesses a murder and if his owner--an Iraq war vet and former cop-turned-thief--is convicted of the crime, the dog could be put down. Few rival Andy Carpenter's affection for dogs, and he decides to represent the poor canine. As Andy struggles to convince a judge that this dog should be set free, he discovers that the dog and his owner have become involved unwittingly in a case of much greater proportions than the one they've been charged with. Andy will have to call upon the unique abilities of this ex-police dog to help solve the crime and prevent a catastrophic event from taking place.
Lots of humor and fair amount of mystery. I enjoyed it. Didn't know that there was 7 more books in the series though. I'll have to check them out.

Wins this week.
A 30.00 gift card to Dezign with a Z that I used to get a laptop skin.
50.00 gift certificate to wind & weather
that I'm thinking about getting this humming bird sculpture

A Beaded bracelet from charm factory.
image
A  Turbie Twist
image
And a 50 dollar gift card from Winterthur that I used to get this bird wine holder
image

2 comments:

  1. Hi, stopping by on a blog hop....nice to find your blog. Would love for you to follow me back!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me some!