Friday, February 8, 2013

Back in the South Texas Groove

 

There is always something happening in the “Village”, this weeks big event was the Art,Wine and Cheese show. I displayed some of my photos and brought a bottle of wine I had bought at a PA winery.

retama art show

We had happy hour at our house one evening, about ten people came.

I fixed some appetizers and made some frozen daiquiri mix.

image

Phil’s mom had given us this lovely serving tray from Wilton

wilton

I was surprised to see this Curve Billed Thrasher on our neighbor’s antenna. They aren’t common around here.

curve bill thrasher mission 2013

Saturday we went to South Padre Island with Hazel and Jim to go on the Dolphin watch. It was wonderful watching the dolphins playing.

 

South Padre Island Dolphins8

South Padre Island Dolphins

South Padre Island Dolphins5

I love the Pelicans,too

South Padre Pelican9

South Padre Pelican

South Padre Pelican5

South Padre Pelican6

Then we went to the Birding Center on the island. Beautiful building and the outside has boardwalks so you can walk and see the birds in their natural environment

.South Padre Birding Center

Reddish Egret

South Padre Reddish Egret

Great Blue Heron

South Padre Great Blue Heron

South Padre Great Blue Heron4

Little Blue Heron

South Padre little Blue Heron

 

South Padre little Blue Heron2

Long Billed Curlew

South Padre Long Billed Curlew2

White Ibis

South Padre White Ibis3

I haven’t had a lot of time for reading but I did finish this one.

image

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me some!