Phil and I went to South Padre to do the Port of Brownsville tour.
We went out in a boat up the Brownsville ship channel to the Port of Brownsville.
We got to see decommissioned ships being broken down for scrap.
We also got to see the giant oil rigs, we weren’t allowed to take pictures in the port itself because it is a secure port.
I also got to see my first Double Crested cormorant.
Some Brown Pelicans enjoying the sun
The day started out warm and sunny but soon the clouds rolled in and the temperature dropped. We were getting sprayed with water from the waves coming up over the boat.
I had no idea that Great Blue Herons like to build their nests on these buoys and that their nests are so huge.
Some shrimp boats
We also saw this very strange like horse creature running along the beach.
After we got home I found out this is a
Nilgai (Boselaphus tragocamelus)
Some game farms in Texas have imported them to be hunted. This guy must have escaped and is living it up on the beach.
I made a weight watchers chocolate cake for our friend Donna for her birthday. It was the strangest cake I’ve ever baked but everyone seemed to like it.
Weight Watchers Chocolate cake
- 1 Duncan Hines Chocolate Cake Mix ( not pudding in the mix)
- 1 Can Diet Coke
- Take One box Duncan Hines Chocolate Cake Mix( without pudding) empty in bowl
- add 1 can Diet Coke (or Diet Cola)
- Mix by hand until all ingredients are mixed well
- Pour into Glass Cake Pan 9 x 12 sprayed lightly with Pam
- Bake in 350 Degree oven for about 25-30
- Cake will be moist, but VERY YUMMY.
- You can top with CoolWhip when cooled if you desire
- Very low in calories and fat.