Saturday, November 14, 2015

20th Annual Texas Butterfly Festival Field Trip Day 3





On our third day Mike Rickard and Ginny Musgrave led our next trip to Palo Alto, Resaca de la Palma and Camp Lula Sams.

I fell in love with the beautiful Guava Skipper.  Just look at those colors!


Gorgeous caterpillar




.



After we left Resaca de la Palma, we went to Camp Lulu Sams.  Camp Lula Sams was built by the Earl C Sams Foundation and gifted to the Girl Scouts of South Texas in 1953.  Mike was sure we would see a Pale-rayed Skipper or a Strophius Hairstreak and we were fortunate enough to see both.





If you ever have an opportunity to attend the Texas Butterfly festival I highly recommend it.  I learned so much in those three days, and had such an enjoyable time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me some!