Sunday, December 15, 2013

Changes, Changes, Changes

Our House 2
One thing I’ve learned is that life is always bringing change.
When Phil and I got our RV six years ago, we figured with how he works and with all of the traveling, we would probably never buy a home.
But life brings changes, so when we had the opportunity to buy the perfect home for us, we had to do it.
As you can see, it has a huge RV port where we can park our fifth wheel.  It also has a large living area, two bedrooms, two baths, and a laundry room.
It is in the same gated community as our RV lots, so one of the advantages is that we already knew our neighbors and love them.
I can’t believe how long it’s been since I’ve updated my blog, but when we got home from Minnesota, we were so busy trying to get the house bought, among other things.
Phil and I had so much fun buying furniture and decorating our new home.
Our house

Our House 3

All the rooms are finished except the guest room.
I’m excited to be decorating the walls with my own photos!

I did get to go to the National Butterfly Center to see the rare Zebra Cross Streak.
Zebra Cross Streak 5 NBC 2013

Zebra Cross Streak 7 NBC 2013

Zebra Cross Streak NBC 2013

There were some other beauties there also.

Pipevine Swallowtail NBC

Butterfly NBC21

Butterfly NBC 7

We stayed in Mission long enough to buy our house, visit with friends and to take some photos, before Phil was sent to a new job near Houston, in Tomball, Texas.
We are staying in a campground/mobile home park in Spring, Texas.
So far I am not liking it here, mainly because the traffic is so horrid.
I did find a nature preserve that isn’t too far away, and a couple of interesting old towns to go and photograph.

I’ve been reading a lot.  I’m only going to post the ones I really liked, though.
image

image

image

image

image

image

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me some!