Sunday, November 2, 2008

Living the Good Life

Another terrific week. Phil and I went to South Padre Island to check out the beach. The beaches here are very different from the beaches back east. The water is warm. And the beaches are so clean.

We had a computer class up at the clubhouse and that went very well.

We spent a couple of days at the pool. I couldn't believe that on Halloween I was sunning at the pool!

Saturday I went back to the state park and saw a screech owl in a tree. Amazing how camouflaged they are, he blended right into the tree.

Sunday we went to Port Isabel for the Shrimp Festival. The different restaurants in the area compete with their shrimp signature dishes and the public votes on who has the best tasting shrimp. It was a little pricey I thought but it was a lot of fun to taste the different ways to prepare shrimp. My favorite was Cap'n Roys.

All in all it was a great week. We love it here so much, it feels like home already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me some!