Sunday, August 1, 2010

Friends are kisses blown to us by angels

I am so happy.  Debra, the girl I made friends with when we were working in North Dakota, is here in Uniontown.  Her husband is going to be working with Phil.  They are even staying in the same mobile home park as we are.  She is a great running around buddy.

While the boys are working, she and I are planning on doing a lot of sightseeing.

Today we took them to the Antique Tractor Show in Stoystown.  Al loves old tractors.

 

Al Stoystown Tractor Show

Al and Debra.

Debra and Al Tractor Show 

 

Old

Here is a strange one!

Weird

Steam Driven

Steam Driven

 Steam Driven 2

 

Model T Tractor

Model T Tractor

Another Steam Driven

 

image

image

Big Tracks

image

Two Steering Wheels

image

Kids

image

Tractor Square Dance

Watching these guys and gals turn these tractors to square dance calls was really something to see!

image

This Guy really got into the spirit of the event.

image

image

image

 

Do-si-do

image

Covered Bridge in Stoystown

image

I belong to Paint My Photo, where artists take a photo someone has taken and turns it into a painting.

I was so flattered that Rita LaVerdure painted my tulips from LaConner, Wa.

Original Photo

image

Painting.

 

image

A couple of weeks ago I dropped my Kindle and broke the screen.  I was devastated to say the least.  But I called Amazon,  and they sent me another Kindle free of charge! I’m very paranoid now of dropping it again.  So I ordered a skin from DecalGals, and a Klear Kase to protect it from dirt and sand and water, and then I made my own case out of a leather planner from Staples.

Decorated the outside

Kindle Case

Velcroed the inside.

Kindle Case 2

 Kindle Case 3

Hopefully it is protected now from my clumsy self, and I think it looks nice, also.

I found a new recipe this week that I had to try.

Lemon Sugar Cookies

clip_image002

2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup butter, softened

1 1/2 cups white sugar

1 egg

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract

zest of 1 lemon

1/2 cup granulated or raw sugar for rolling cookies (I used raw sugar, which I think was an awesome choice)

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or tin foil and spray lightly with Pam.

2. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.

3. Rub together the zest and granulated sugar until the sugar is a pale yellow color. This helps to infuse all of the oils in the zest into the sugar and gives your cookies an even more lemony flavor. Using a mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until smooth and very fluffy (about 3-5 minutes).

4. Beat in egg, vanilla extract, and lemon extract.

5. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients and mix until just moistened.

6. Roll rounded tablespoons of dough into balls, and roll in sugar. Place on lined cookie sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart.

7. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly golden and set.

8. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks. As soon as the cookies have cooled, store them in an airtight container to keep them nice and soft. Makes around 20 cookies.

These turned out sooo yummy.

 

I’m still reading MaryJanice Davidson series, this is her mermaid series. Not as funny as her Undead series.

I leave you this week with this picture of a beautiful sky.

Clouds Yough LR-2

3 comments:

  1. The steam driven tractor is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My vote goes to the lemon sugar cookies !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were really good, but now Phil wants me to try and make Lemon Thins. A cookie he use to love as a kid...so back to the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me some!