Monday, October 25, 2010

"Listen! the wind is rising, and the air is wild with leaves. We have had our summer evenings, now for October eves!" - Humbert Wolfe

The mountains are beautiful with the fall colors.

 

 Fall color 5

 

Debra and I rode up to Nemacolin Woodlands to check out the animals there.

Bear Butt

Pretty zebras

  

 

 

The chipmunks were wild, running up and down the trees.  There had to be have been twenty of them all together.

They weren’t scared of us at all.


Debra and me at Ohiopyle

 meanddebra

meohiopyle

On Sunday night we went to the State Theater in downtown Uniontown to see The Rhythm of the Dance.

The State Theater has been open since 1922

 

It’s a small world.  My stepdaughter Alicia’s second grade teacher was handing out refreshments.

Inside the lobby

The Rhythm of the Dance is a  two-hour dance and music extravaganza that contains a wealth of Irish talent.  The show is an inspiring epic, reliving the journey of the Irish Celts throughout history.  Using modern art forms of dance and music, this richly costumed show marries the contemporary and the ancient.

  

The music and the dancing was fascinating.   I especially enjoyed the Bodhran - the Irish drum or Celtic drum.

 

Another painting from one of my photos from Christine on Paint My Photo

image

image

 

I am so excited, I won a Kritter Kondo this week for the cats. I know they will love laying in the sun and I’ll love knowing they are safe.

image

Started a new series this week, Simon R. Green’s Nightside.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures, Kathy. Love the animals and the scenery.

    Dale

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me some!