Tuesday, November 2, 2010

falling leaves hide the path so quietly ~John Bailey

October gave a party;
The leaves by hundreds came -
The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,
And leaves of every name.
The Sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band.
~George Cooper, "October's Party"

This past week Debra and I went to Seven Springs Ski Resort for lunch and to Living Treasures Zoo.  It was a little chilly up in the mountains, but I could have spent all day at the zoo!

It’s just a small zoo, but the you can feed a lot of the animals by hand, and some of the birds follow you around begging for treats.

Hey,I’m talking to you!

This guy cracked me up!

Put the food down the pipe!

We pause for a flower break.  I feel so sixties, man!

My favorite of all!

Leaning Lemurs

Keeping watch is thirsty work!

So I said….wait did you hear something?

Pumpkin patch at Seven Springs.

Sometimes getting lost is the best thing.  I got lost trying to find our way back down the mountain, and we found this beautiful spot to stop and take pictures.

Debra shooting.

 

Debra

Debra2

me

We had a great time taking shots of each other and the scenery.

I won three contests this week.

A set of pebble Tea lights from Suite One Studio and http://www.chaoticmomentum.com/

suiteone-300x205

I also won a Small Miche bag and shell.  I love Miche bags.  It is such a clever idea.  You only change the cover, or “shell”, of the bag, while leaving the base the same.  You never again have to pull all of your stuff out of one purse and transfer it to another.

image

I had first seen these bags last year in North Dakota, and really was yearning for one.  Then, after we came here to Uniontown, I found out that Phil’s cousin’s wife is selling Miche in her shop!  I got a large bag and three shells.  I figured it would be a year or more before I could get a small base and shell, so I was thrilled that I won this from Miche and http://www.alittleoftheother.com/

I picked the Brandi Shell because it reminded me of Texas!

image

I also won another gift certificate to Fantasy Jewelry Box and OurKidsMom!  I love their jewelry.

http://www.fantasyjewelrybox.com/

The problem is trying to pick which piece I want.

 

yhst-56748171645658_2127_49274044

yhst-56748171645658_2130_72571005

 

yhst-56748171645658_2130_1372778400

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your win!! Please keep entering giveaways on my blog A little of This and a Little of That:)
    I also love the Miche Bags. I have 2 large and 2 small. I'm set for awhile.

    P.S. I love the monkey pictures! I'm crazy for monkeys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. I love animals and going to zoos.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me some!