Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sickness comes on horseback but departs on foot. ~Dutch Proverb

What a week!
Monday I switched out our winter clothes for our summer duds. Isn't it cool when you find a top you had forgotten you bought last summer? It's like getting new clothes all over again. My darling husband’s response “Find more, buy less!”
Monday evening Phil  his mom and I went to Canonsburg for Sarris's half off Easter sale. we bought enough chocolate to last a year!

Sarris had the best chocolate. So rich and creamy.
Tuesday I woke up feeling kind of strange. I was queasy and a little dizzy and felt like I was strapped in a strait jacket. I just had to get out of the house for a little while. So I grabbed my camera and went up to Jumonville.
Jumonville is now a United Methodist camp and retreat center.
But it also is the site of The Battle of Jumonville Glen, also known as the Jumonville affair, it was the opening battle of the French and Indian War fought on May 28, 1754 ,where Lieutenant Colonel George Washington, and a small number of Mingowarriors led by Tanacharison (also known as "Half King"), ambushed a force of 35 Canadiens under the command of Joseph Coulon de Villiers de Jumonville. Taken from Wikipedia.
Since 1950 a steel cross 60 feet high, simply known as The Cross locally, has stood on a concrete base six feet tall on Dunbar's Knob, which itself is 2,480 feet above sea level. On a clear day the mountaintop boasts a view of three states and seven counties with sights up to 50 miles away. At night it is bathed in glowing spotlights, shining as a beacon of hope and inspiration to all who see it far above the dark silhouette of the Appalachian Mountains.
The story behind the massive cross is an inspiring one, too. The money to build it was collected in hundreds of Methodist Churches before World War II

I got a few photos and came home.




Sara had to go to Texas for her son’s graduation and I asked to keep her dog Max.
So I fixed us some lunch and she brought Max and three months worth of dog treats for Max. Seriously, Sara?
He is very photogenic.

I had to turn this one into a lithograph
Max Lithogrpah
By Tuesday night I was feeling really poorly. I had to call Sara and tell her I was too dizzy to drive her to the airport, which I HATED. I hate not doing something I tell someone I’m going to do.
Wednesday morning my head was killing me, I was throwing up and I was so dizzy I could barely move.
So off to the doctor Phil took me.
The doctor diagnosed me with Positional Vertigo. Say what?
What the heck is that??
Well, readers, it seems that crystals cam form in your ear which cause all of the above symptoms. Two prescriptions later I’m sent home to bed. Thankfully after a couple of days of laying around and taking my pills I was all better, whew.
So not much else got done this week.
Reading Shirley Rousseau Murphy series about a cat who suddenly learns he can speak and understand human language and that he is pretty good at solving crimes also!

There are 15 books in the series, I’m on book number 11.
If you like mysteries and cats, then this series is for you.
I have won lots of stuff lately. I entered the huge Blogmania giveaway and won some cool prizes.
Pampering Mom Prize Package From Maxwells Mommy

Gamiworks*
won a lovely pendant necklace
Orglamix Cosmetics
win 2 your choice of color wonderful mineral eye shadows and a bonus eye shadow of the Blog Mania exclusive color

Shiraz Peled
Won a lovely bracelet
Gold & turquoise bracelet with red leather



Another Magical Day
Won a $30 GC to her Etsy shop

image


Knitful Dezigns
win a lovely eye of the storm knit bow
Eye of the storm


For Goodness Grape
won a perfume stix and a aromatherapy stix 
 

Call of Earth
won a lovely necklace 

 







Bags by Stacey
Won an adorable wristlet 
 

 








MINNA Cosmetics
Won some wonderful eye shadows

Won blogmania from Punk Rock Mama
  
Three Orglamix eyeshadows
 
A air freshener and car freshener  from DaisyGirl Delights on Etsy.
 
A ring designed by Ashley Spatula on Etsy.
Rainbow Mirage Petite Crown Ring

A full blog design for wordpress or blogger by InfusionDesigns Studios value at $80-100 dollars
 
And a 5ml bottle of perfume from Wiggle perfumes on Etsy.
 
Butterfly candle holder from
www.labellacandela.etsy.com
image

Earrings from Starbrite girl
image


Coasters from Lisa Blogs and Whimsical Creations
image

A lovely necklace from luvinmylilmonkees and Of The Earth Jewelry
image

4 comments:

  1. Following you back from scathingweekly.blogspot.com, the spot for scathing book reviews! Have a nice day and enjoy the hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am your new GFC, FB, Networked Blogs and Twitter follower from friendly Friday :-)
    You are welcome at ttp://luckyangelandgiveaways.blogspot.com/
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, lovely wins! Congrats to you. ;D
    Thank you for stopping by my blog. I'm following you back now too.

    Happy Monday,

    -WinItMama
    http://winitmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that candleholder, and I know what you mean about chocolate making you a bit poorly. I don't blame you if you had plenty of those yummy looking eggs though.

    Visiting from no rules blog hop

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me some!