Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Ligonier Ice Festival

Phil, Sue and I went to Ligonier for the Ice Festival.

We had such a good time taking photos of the ice sculptures

 

IMG_0529 copy

IMG_0530 copy

IMG_0545 copy

IMG_0551 copy

IMG_0552 copy

Watching an artist at work

artist

artist 2

These dogs seemed to be enjoying the show.

2dogs

Sue and I got matching hats at a cute little Irish shop in town.

IMG_0555 copy

We went into a knitting shop and I had to take this photo of the sheep in the window.

IMG_0526 copy

The weather has been nice enough for me to get out and take some photos.

fence post

kings bridge

 

Here is a recipe I’d like to share

Twice-Baked Potato Casserole Recipe
Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. Yield: 6-8 Serving
Ingredients
1-1/2 pounds red potatoes (about 6 medium), baked
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
3 cups (24 ounces) sour cream
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
2 green onions, sliced
Directions
Cut baked potatoes into 1-in. cubes. Place half in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the salt, pepper and bacon. Top with half of the sour cream and cheeses. Repeat layers.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheeses are melted. Sprinkle with onions. Yield: 6-8 servings.

Books I’ve been reading.

John Wayne: The Man Behind the Myth

She Walks in Beauty: A Woman's Journey Through Poems

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness those sculptures are amazing!!! here is good old central Pa we have butter sculptures hahaha
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me some!