Monday, June 18, 2012

Dunlap Lake

 

I love where we live now, there are so many places to go shoot. Every day I find something.

One of my favorite places is Dunlap Lake, not too far from us.

fishing2

Lots of people fish there, but I love it for the birding,

I got to see my first Cedar Waxwings there.

Cedar Waxwings

I love them because they look like super heroes with their black masks.

Cedar Waxwing

Cedar Waxwing3

There are ducks, and geese and swans

 

dunlop swan

Dunlap Lake Duck Pretty

goose and babies

Green Heron and Great Blue Heron

nGreen Heron 2

 

Great Blue Heron

A Red Wing Black Bird fledgling

fledging

Barn Swallows

Barn swallow laughing

 

barn swallow 3

barn swallow 4

A feeling of sadness

empty

Speaking of empty nests.

My youngest son finally flew away to college last week.

He is now attending Douglas Education Center.

The Factory Digital Filmmaking Program at Douglas
Associate in Specialized Business Degree Program

Objective: To prepare students with the skills to become filmmakers, producers, editors, gaffers, grips, and directors. They will receive
hands on experience with props, wardrobe and sets. This program will also prepare students in a variety of other facets of filmmaking
including marketing and distribution of finished products.

http://dec.edu/pages/filmproduction.html

I am happy for him and proud of him, but leaving him a week ago,on his own, for the first time, was hardier on me than his first day of kindergarten.

He seems to be doing well, and he’s loving his classes.

Books this week

image

 

image

image

image

1 comment:

  1. Amazing photos above, I love it! Keep on posting beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me some!