Wednesday, April 24, 2013

El Campo Texas


Phil got called for a short job to El Campo, Texas so off we went.
We are staying at a new campground that has a restaurant and a candy store.
http://www.pinchersrestaurants.com/
First time eating crawfish and shrimp with their heads still on.





















The town is nice and has everything we could want, Wal-mart, HEB and a Chinese restaurant.

I got to see my first blue bonnets,and Indian Paintbrush
Blue bonnets and Indian Paintbrush
My friend, Debra, is about 45 mins away. So I've gone up to meet her a couple of times to go sight seeing.
We went to the Blue Bonnet Festival in Chappell Hill Texas.
On the way I had to take a picture of this bridge in the mist of the morning.

A Scissortail Flycatcher hanging out
Scissortail Flycathcer El Campo
Crazy old birdhouse in Columbus
Columbus Texas Birdhouse

Second oldest tree in Texas
































More Blue Bonnets and Indian Paintbrush
Blue bonnets and Indian Paintbrush2

image
There is a lot of livestock in the area.
image
Texas Land Company has an old west feel to it.
image

image

Lots of vendors and food.
image
Some Texas Art
image

image

Lots of old bridges in the area.










I think we are going to enjoy our stay here.

The latest books I’ve read.

image

image


image
image

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me some!