Saturday, May 4, 2013

Brookwood Community

Debra and I went to Brookshire Texas where the Brookwood nursery,café, and gift shop is located.
Brookwood is a 475 acre  Christian community that houses and trains people with disabilities.
http://www.brookwoodcommunity.org/about/community-history/

The nursery was filled with the most beautiful flowers.


Brookwood9

Brookwood2

Brookwood4

Brookwood7
The gift shop  had some  unique items. I bought Phil’s mom a lovely scarf for Mother’s day.

This sculpture caught my eye right away.

image
The café had linen tablecloths and was very upscale with delicious gourmet dishes.

Driving anywhere in this part of Texas is always scenic.

Some Bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrush

image

South East Texas 9

South East Texas 6
South East Texas 8

I got to watch these Crested Caras Caras in a tree

Crested Cara Cara2

Crested Cara Cara
Mockingbird on fence
Mockingbird South Texas

Books I’ve read lately

image

image

image

image

1 comment:

  1. your pics are always great!

    We're staying not too far from Brookshire at Columbus. . .

    check it out in my blog. . .

    Janice
    ReadyToGoFullTimeRVing Blog
    FaceBook.com/ReadyToGoFullTimeRVing

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me some!