Monday, August 12, 2013

Birding the Summer Away

Phil and I are not usually home in the summer,because he is usually on a job,so this has been a treat for us. Even though the heat is stifling at time,104 is average temp,I have still been getting out to do some birding. I had an opportunity to go to the Laguna Seca Photography Ranch on a Sunday. I met some fabulous photographers and birders there,and got some nice shot of the Pyrrhuloxia

pyrrhuloxia laguna seca ranch2

pyrrhuloxia laguna seca ranch
Pyrrhuloxia Laguna Seca Ranch 3

Also this lovely female Cardinal bathing

Laguna Seca Ranch

It’s not just birds though. The butterflies this time of year here are amazing.

This is a rare Blomfield's Beauty
Blomfield's Beauty NBC (4)
A Ruddy Daggerwing
Ruddy Daggerwing NBC3
A Many- Banded Daggerwing
Many-banded Daggerwing NBC
This one isn’t rare but it’s beautiful. The flower is Turks Cap
White Butterfly 52  BSP

I finished reading C.J. Box’s series and started Laurie King’s Series.
image
Also read
 image
This was an excellent book,very interesting story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me some!