Sunday, June 27, 2010

To see a world in a grain of sand, And heaven in a wild flower, Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, And eternity in an hour. –William Blake

Wild flower

 

Today we went for a long ride in the convertible. We had a picnic at Ohiopyle State Park, then rode over the mountain to Grantsville, MD to the produce market.  I wanted to get some fresh cukes and peppers to do my canning.  I didn’t get to do any canning last year and my supply of cinnamon pickles and pepper jelly is running low.

It was a beautiful day for a drive.  Phil has on his new Pontiac hat that he got; he got me one also.

Phil g6

Youghiogheny River

Youghioghney River

Youghioghney River2

I loved this moss covered rock.

moss colored rock

From the Overlook

Overlook

Our pretty car

Our pretty car

Youghiogheny Lake

Youghioghney Lake

Many people don’t realize that the Mason-Dixon line, for most of it’s length, separates Maryland and Pennsylvania, not the Union states from the Confederacy.  We drove across it today twice.  You can see the slightly different colors in the pavement in Pennsylvania to the north (top of picture), and Maryland to the south.

 

Mason-Dixon line

Beautiful summer trees.

Beautiful summer trees

We also got to see these wild turkeys and babies.

Wild turkey

wild turkey babies

 

wildturkey3

I leave you with this bit of sky from an incoming summer storm.

The way the clouds were forming fascinated Phil and I both.

Summer storm

1 comment:

  1. That is exquisite country out there. Thank you for sharing those lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me some!