Sunday, June 20, 2010

What is one to say about June, the time of perfect young summer

the fulfillment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade.  ~Gertrude Jekyll

 

Ahh, summer. The heat, the storms, the fireflies, the smell of fresh cut grass and sweet watermelon.

I drove up the mountain in the convertible, with the top down.  It was a beautiful day. Stopped at Nemocolin Woodlands resort and spa to take some photos of the animals there, but being behind two fences,one electric, I couldn’t get the shots I wanted.bear2

bear3

Bufallo

 

Some flowers

Flowers

Flowers2

 

I did manage to get some good photos at my feeder this week

action

leftout  

coming in for a landing

 

 

goldfinch2

gold finch

 

goldfinchlanding

goldfinch3 

  goldfinchhousefinch3   

 

House fincg 2

threesome6

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me some!